Prosthodontists Change Lives By Restoring Smiles
Your smile is one of your greatest assets. A winning smile can open doors, convince people of your honest intentions, and even perform the minor miracle of making your driver’s license photo look good. When accidents or other conditions put this invaluable asset at risk, why trust anyone other than the best-trained professionals with its restoration?
Prosthodontists can change their clients’ lives restoring not just their smiles but, also, their self-confidence and sense of self-worth. Patients who consult with prosthodontists can trust these professionals of cosmetic dentistry in Spring to restore their smiles and drastically improve their lives.
What Is a Prosthodontist?
Prosthodontists are dentists who specialize in the restoration and replacement of teeth. Prosthodontists are some of the best-trained dental professionals; after completing undergraduate studies and dental school, prosthodontists receive three more years of specialized training in an American Dental Association-accredited grad school program.
To get an idea of how elite prosthodontists are, consider this: There are around 196,000 dentists practicing in the U.S.—about 1 dentist for every 1,600 people. There are only about 3,400 prosthodontists practicing and we have one of the most qualified prosthodontists right here in Spring, Texas!
Prosthodontists’ specialized training addresses all of the elements that go into an attractive, natural looking smile—the teeth, gums, lips, and facial bone structure. Because of their specialized training, prosthodontists often lead teams of dental professionals contributing to procedures to restore or replace natural teeth.
Yes, general practice dentists can and often do install bridges, veneers, crowns, and perform dental implant procedures, but their training in these complex procedures is not as intensive as prosthodontists’ instruction.
Some dentists performing reconstructive dental work only have weekend workshop training in these procedures. This training pales in comparison to the hundreds of classroom and clinical hours that prosthodontists have.
When you use a prosthodontist for dental restoration or cosmetic dentistry needs, you have the peace of mind that you’re receiving care from one of the most highly trained practitioners in the field.
Eight Reasons Why You Should See a Prosthodontist
- Your Smile Is a Must-Have – There are few things as important to your personal appearance as your smile. It’s one of the first things people notice about you, and it subtly informs how they judge your intelligence, capabilities, and character. Research has shown that an attractive smile can go a long way toward enhancing your career and social prospects. People with smiles impaired by missing or diminished teeth often feel self-conscious about it, and this can impact their feelings of self-worth and have a variety of other impacts on their personal lives.
- Greater Options – Because of their years of additional study and vast knowledge of their specialty, prosthodontists can offer a wider range of treatment options for missing or diminished teeth than many other dental professionals. Where a general dentist may only offer dentures or a crown, prosthodontists can offer these options along with other options such as dental implants or veneers. Also, because the work is being done by a specialist, patients can rest assured that their dental restoration will be of the highest quality.
- Serious accident care – Prosthodontists don’t just do cosmetic dentistry work for people whose teeth have fallen out or been diminished by poor dental care, heredity, or normal wear and tear. Prosthodontists are also often on the front lines of restoring the smiles of people who have lost teeth or sustained serious oral injuries as the result of car crashes, athletic injuries, or other accidents.
- Comprehensive plans – Prosthodontists are often considered the “architects of dentistry.” They often design comprehensive dental treatment plans to restore teeth and dental function and work with other dental professionals to implement these plans.
- Affordable – While not all insurers will pay for prosthodontic treatments, a growing number are, as the medical benefits of restoring and replacing damaged or diminished teeth become apparent. Even if your insurer won’t pay for a dental implant, a new crown, or other treatment, many prosthodontists work with their patients to provide treatment in an affordable manner.
- Same Week Appointments – Because prosthodontists specialize in dental restoration services, they can see new patients more quickly than many other dentists, whose schedules fill quickly with a variety of needs. You can quickly be on your way to a better smile when you contact a prosthodontist’s office.
- It’s More Than Just Cosmetics – Missing or diminished teeth can affect more than just your looks. When you’re missing a tooth, your other teeth can begin to shift and may eventually cause other dental problems. The shape and structure of your smile can also have an impact on your sleep, contributing to snoring and other problems. Prosthodontists also can help with jaw and joint disorders and complications affecting the mouth arising from oral cancer.
- Proven Results – Patients express a great deal of satisfaction with prosthodontic care, and research shows long-lasting benefits for patients who receive prosthodontic treatments. Consider this: Dental implant surgeries have a success rate of around 98 percent, and, with proper care, implants can last for the rest of patients’ lives.
Millions in Need of Prosthodontic Care
There’s a huge demand in the U.S. for the kind of care a prosthodontist can provide. More than 35 million people in the U.S. are missing all their teeth, and 178 million are missing one or more teeth. An aging population and a culture that embraces unhealthy dietary habits are contributing to greater rates of tooth decay and loss.
Prosthodontists can help the millions of Americans with diminished smiles look their best again. The improved physical and emotional health patients of prosthodontists derive from having their smiles restored makes the investment of time and money worthwhile. To obtain the greatest benefit from prosthodontic services, it’s important to find a prosthodontist who is experienced and compassionate.
Northwest Houston Prosthodontics offers specialty care in prosthodontics in Spring, Texas. Headed by Dr. Mo Koutrach, an American board-certified prosthodontist who has practiced and trained other prosthodontists for nearly 20 years, Northwest Houston Prosthodontics is the prosthodontic practice you can trust for cosmetic dentistry, including dental implants and reconstructive dentistry. Patients seeking a prosthodontist in Spring need look no further than Bella Vita Smiles. Schedule an appointment today to learn more about Dr. Koutrach can help you restore the beauty of your smile.